As Writer :
1. Jawani Dinhan Char (Youth is only for the four days), Short Stories, 1967.
2. Rome Mein Hikka Raat (A night in Rome), Short Stories, 1982.
3. Tuhinji Muhinji Kahani(Your & my story), Short Stories, 1992.
4. Yaad-e-Watan(Remembrance of motherland), Poems, 1996.
5. Dilbar Putt Muhinjo (My beloved son), Long Poem, 1996.
6. Kandan Jo Murabo(Jam made of thorns), Political & literary satires, 1998.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award for his book Jawani Dihan Char, 1962 (At Mumbai by Kahani Publications).
• Award for Jawani Dihan Char, 1963 ( Indo-Pak Short Stories competition, Mumbai).
•Award for Tuhinji Muhinji Kahani,1993 (At Mumbai by Koonj Publication).
• Award for Kandan-Jo-Murabo, 2000 (At Mumbai by National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language).
Additional Information :
Some of his poems and short stories were translated and published in Hindi. Being a qualified Sculptor, he has prepared busts of Sadhu TL Vaswani, Amrita Pritam etc. which are on display at Sindhology, Adipur, Kutch (Gujarat).
Chatru Nagpal is basically a short story writer, having an itch for humour & satire. Most of his writings are satirical humour. Even titles of his short story collections are suggestive to that effect : (1) Youth is only for four days (2) The Jam made of thorns. At least half a dozen titles are to his credit, out of which one Dilbar Put Muhinjo is a long narrative poem, at the death of his beloved son, who committed suicide under mysterious circumstances. It is a heart rendering and tragically chilling narration.
He has received a few awards from literary associations, most important being that of NCPSL. Some of his short stories are translated in Hindi.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.