Anila has directed and choreographed among others, the following popular Sindhi dance ballets during the last 25 years:
1. ‘Sikka Sajan Jee’ (Love Legends of Sind).
2. ‘Sindhyat Jee Surhan’ (Festivals of Sindhis).
3. ‘Theeu Na Juda Jani Munkhan’Life of a Sindhwarki Businessman.
4. ‘Sindhu’,Culture of Mohen-jo-Daro.
5. ‘Geet Govind’,Immortal poems of poet Jaidev in praise of Lord Krishna and his beloved Radha.
6. ‘Sindh Munhinjee Amaa’, Trials and tribulations of Sindhis post Partition scenario.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award as Distinguished Artiste, 1994 ( At Mumbai by Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahit Sabha).
• ‘Jhulelal’ Award, 1990 (At Mumbai by International Sindhi Panchayat Federation).
• Award For Vocational Excellence, 1999 (At Mumbai by Rotary Club of Bombay West).
In addition, she has also been felicitated/ honoured by number of Sindhi Associations/ Panchayats all over the world.
Additional Information :
i) Anila visited Japan in 1971, as a delegate of Youth Exchange Programme, sponsored by Lion’s Club of Mumbai.
ii) She visited West Africa and London, in 1975 and gave several performances on stage and television. She performed for National Council of Women’s Society at the Institute of International Affairs Club and for the Indian Association, Logos, Nigeria.
iii) Anila performed for Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, London, in 1975.
iv) She was invited by the Indian Association in Stockholm, Sweden, in 1977 to participate in the India Week Celebrations. On way back to India, she performed at Norway, Denmark, Holland and Luxembourg.
v) She was invited to perform at the ‘Festival of Dance & Music’ in Iran, in 1977 jointly sponsored by the Air-India and Taj Inter-Continental.
vi) She was invited by the IndianArt Circle and the Hindu Association in Hongkong in 1987, for a Dance Ballet. She also performed in Philipphines at International Convention Centre, Manila in the same year.
vii) She had the honour of performing before Prime Minister Shri A.B. Vajpayee & Home Minister Shri L.K. Advani at Sindhu Darshan Festival at Ladakh (J & K) In 2000.
One of the most distinguished dancers with complete dedication,her dance ballets & dance dramas, based on Sindhi themes have been extremely popular when presented at various functions in India and abroad. She has a distinction of being the only artiste who does stretch over to other sides, but remains faithful to her chosen path : Sindhi dance for Sindhi audience.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.