Ramesh is in dramatic field since 1956. However, he established his own theatrical enterprise under the banner of Sindhu Art Theatre in 1965 and till date he has written/ adopted & directed more than 25 full length Sindhi Plays. The most popular amongst them are:
1. Insan Ain Atma(Human being & his soul).
2. Dis Paise Ja Rang(Look what money can do).
3. Pahinja Viya Pardes(Our kin went overseas).
4. Hai Muhinjee Dil(Oh! my heart!).
5. Ghar Jamai
6. Aayo Nao Zamano(Arrival of new phase).
7. Khati Aayo Khair Saan (Returned victorious).
8. Maan bi Kunwaro Ahiyaan( I am still unmarried).
Note: The aforesaid Sindhi plays have been repeatedly staged,
not only in various parts of India but also abroad.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Ramesh is one of the popular Dramatists and attracts large audience. He has been honoured by number of Sindhi organisations both in India and abroad. The most significant recognition he received was Life Time Achievement in performing Art Award, 1999 (By Maharashtra State Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
Additional Information :
i) Ramesh has graduated as Producer/ Director from National School of Drama & Asian Theatre Institute Delhi in 1965.
ii) Ramesh shuns sycophancy and undue adulation.
Ramesh Janjani’s Sindhu Art Theatre has given great impetus to Sindhi theatre. To him goes the credit of introducing new faces on the stage. A drama director of great potentiality, Ramesh still keep the torch of Sindhi drama burning by organising yearly festivals of Sindhi drama.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.