During his 60 years career in dramatics, he has staged, acted, written several Sindhi One Act Plays. A few most significant are:
1. Langdo Doctor(Lame doctor), staged since 1950.
2. Mumbai Band staged since 1956.
3. Doctor Maan Kina Toon(Who is the doctor you or I), staged since 1957.
4. Milli Waee Naukri(Got the job), staged since 1960.
Note: Number of shows have been staged of the above One Act Plays in Mumbai and at other places. Ramesh has also acted in plays written by other renowned dramatists. Some of which became very popular and he received awards for best acting.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
He has received several Awards/ Honours. A few most significant are:
• Award for best acting in Insaan & Atma, (Human Being & Soul), 1969(At Mumbai by Prof. Ram Panjwani).
• Award for best acting in play Ghar Jamai, (Henpecked husband), 1972(At Mumbai by Barrister Hotchand
• Award for best Comedian in play Hai Muhinji Dil, (Oh! my heart), 1975 (At Mumbai by Justice Nagrani).
• Award for best character actor in play Kako Kalumal, 1985 (At Mumbai by Jethanand Lalwani).
• Award for significant contributions in Dramatic field, 2002 (At Bhopal by Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahit Sabha).
Additional Information :
i) Apart from being versatile Actor, Writer, Producer and Director of Sindhi plays, Ramesh is also gifted Singer & Lyricist. His outstanding performance was in Pakheeara Pinjre Ja, (Caged birds).
ii) He is well known Stage personality and has earned appreciation and laurels.
A sober and talented play writer and actoer Ramesh Mehta has made a significant contribution to the revival of Sindhi drama after partition. He shines brilliantly in charater roels and believes in natural acting.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.