1. Bhagat Arjan Kanwrani is an approved AIR and Door Darshan Artist and has presented number of performances.
2. He has released Five Sindhi Bhagat-Kalams cassettess.
3. Arjan has given numerous performances all over the country, wherever Sindhis have settled down.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Gold Medal, 1996 (At Mumbai by Pt. Prakash Bhardwaj at Sita Sindhu Bhavan)
• Bhagwanti Navani Award, 2000 (At Mumbai by renowned writer Shri Gobind Malhi).
• Award for Best Bhagat performance, 2000 (At Mumbai by Tips Company).
• Award in memory of Pushpa Malhi, 2000 (At Mumbai by Shri Gobind Malhi).
Additional Information :
Bhagat is an integral part of Sindhi culture. Arjan performs Bhagat in the traditional style including his attire. He also sings folk songs and kalams in original Bhagat style and that is the secret of his success.
Bhagat Arjan is the most popular Bhagat in India. His parents were well known Bhagats of Gambat in the princely state of Khaipur. At an early age he was attracted to this art and learned at the feet of his elders.
Arjan has troupe of four artists as performers. He is an approved artist at the All India Radio and Doordarshan. He appears regularly on the electronic media. He has released five musical cassettes through AIR. He has given numerous perofrmances in the whole of India. He is sought for Bhagat in Sindhi community.
He has received many honours and awards, more particularly a gold medal from Pandit Prakash Bhardwaj for his outstanding service in his art.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.