He is the son of legendary, Master Chander. During his 50 years of career, he has recorded and released number of cassettes, both in Sindhi & Hindi. A few most significant are given below :
1. Sur Chander ja Geet Chander ja, (Melodious Voice & Songs Of Master Chander).
2. Ladda Ain Geet,(Marriage Folk Songs).
3. Sufi Kalams,(Songs Of Mysticism).
4. Jhulelal Bera Paar, (Trust Jhulelal You Will Sail Safely).
5. Chhar Dihan Ji Chandini(Beauty Is a Passing Phase).
In addition to Music Cassettes, he has also produced first ever Sindhi Television show ‘Hojamalo’ (Cry Of Victory) in New York, (U.S.A.)
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award & felicitation for distinguished services to Sindhi culture, 2000 (At New York by Tristate Sindhi Association i.e. New York, New Jersey & Long Islands).
• Award For 25 Years Service to Sindhi culture, (At Mumbai at the hands of legendary MusicDirector, Naushad in 2001).
In addition to the above, he has also been honoured by several Sindhi Associations/ Panchayats all over world.
Additional Information :
i) The most significant contribution of Gope Chander is to spread Sindhi music & culture in many parts of the world.
ii) He and his brother Mahesh, also a famous Singer in his own right have established Master Chander Sangeet Academy. The main object is to promote & preserve Sindhi culture & music.
iii) He has been teaching music to Sindhi children in New York.
iv) He encourages talented Sindhi artistes from India to visit and perform in USA. His children are also talented and have made their name in promoting ‘Sindhayat’ in U.S.A.
Settled in USA, since many years, Gope has kept Sindhi folk & modern music alive there. He presents his legendary father Master Chander’s musical renderings with fervour & distinction.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.