As Writer :
1. ‘Abbo’ (Father),Novel, 1988.
2. ‘Ajho’(Shelter), Novel, 1990.
3. ‘Khuddar’ (A person of self respect), Short Stories, 1991.
4. ‘Jurial Jin Saan Jind’ (My Soul is United with them) A Travelogue, 1988.
5. ‘Aakhri Panna’ (Last pages), an Autobiography 1997.
As Journalist :
Hari edits “Koonj”,literary magazine (Quarterly).
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award for Literary Contributions, 1993 (At Mumbai by Prof. Ram Panjwani Cultural Centre).
• Award for best Short Story collection ‘Khuddar’ 1994 (At Mumbai by Govt. of Maharashtra).
• Shri Ramkishan Jaidayal Harmony Award for Novel ‘Ajho’, 1994 (At New Delhi at the hands of Mother Teressa).
• Award for Novel “Ajho”, 1995 (At Bangalore by Sahitya Akademi, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
• Award for Literary Contributions, 1996 (At Bangalore by Sharat Chander Birthday Celebration Committee).
• Saraswati Puraskar at Hindi Sahitya Sammelan on Hindi Diwas, 14th September 2001 (At Prayag) .
Additional Information :
i) Hari is a Member of Sindhi Advisory Board, Sahitya Akademi since 1998.
ii) He produced Sindhi Film ‘Ho-Jamalo’ based on national integration in 1970.
Hari Motwani is a phenomenon in Sindhi literature. He has hardly any formal education, but has risen on the horizon of Sindhi literature as a small shooting star.
He was in the small business 30 years ago but in the company of some Sindhi writer friends he was inspired so much that he started his literary monthly “Koonj”. It took him no time to arrive at the literary scene as a robust short story writer and has a few collections to his credit. He tried his hand at novel writing and succeeded beyond expectations. His second novel “Ajho” received the prestigious award from the Sahitya Akademi. Hari has received many awards from Govt. as well as non-Govt. trusts. He has received an award at the hands of Mother Teressa for his novel Ajho.
Hari has been publishing leading literary quarterly magazines for over three decades now. As a matter of fact, he is one of the major publishers in Sindhi language and has been publishing Sindhi Books, some of which have received Sahitya Akademi awards. Outstanding among them being Prof. M.U. Malkani’s ‘History of Sindhi prose’.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.