As Writer/ Poet :
He is a prolific writer and has had several publications (prose and peotry) to his credit. A few most significant are given below:
1. ‘Sangeet Anjali’ (Musical Offerings).
2. ‘Hot Hride Mein Vinjayum’ (Lost My Beloved in Heart).
4. ‘Ak Joon Phulidiyun’ (Buds of bitter plant).
5. ‘Zindagi Hik Roop Anek’ (Several Faces of Life)
As Journalist :
Shri Dukhayal edited :
1. ‘Dharti Mata’ (from 1958 to 1982)
2. ‘Gandhidham Samachar’ (from 1964 to 1984)
As Educationist : ‘Dukhayal’ established Education Society, by name ‘Gandhidham Maitri Mandal’ in 1952.
As Singer :
Number of cassettes of national Songs/ Bhajjans have been released in his name. He is an accomplished singer with melodious voice.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
A few most significant & prestigious Awards/ Honours are given below:
• Award for his Book ‘Zindagi Hik Roop Anek’, 1964 (At New Delhi by Ministry of Eduction, Govt. of India).
• Shield at world Sindhi Sammelan, New Delhi, at the hands of President of India for rendering social service, 1983.
• ‘Padmashri’, 1984 (At New Delhi, Govt. of India).
• ‘Sindhu Ratan’ Award, 1984 (At Jaipur by Rajasthan Sindhi Academy).
• Award as ‘Man of the Year’, 1990 (At Mumbai by Iswaribai Buxani Foundation).
• International ‘Latif’ Award and a Gold Medal, 1992, (At Mumbai by ‘Sadaeen Gad’, (Sindhi Social Organisation).
• Bagged Rs. 11 Lacs award for Lifetime Achievements in Sindhi Literature, by Delhi Sindhi Academy, 2002-03
Kavi ‘Dukhayal’ (as is popularly known) is a multifaceted personality. A true ‘Gandhian’. He was a close associate of Mahatma Gandhi and was an asset to ‘freedom fighting movement’.
Padmashri Hundraj Dukhayal as on date is the greatest living Sindhi, patriotic poet, and nationalist sonorous songster. He is one among the old guards, who fought the foreign power, little caring about their life and hardships of the path, they had chosen. For many years he suffered the rigorous of life in prison.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.