1. ‘Adabi Shunas’(Principles of literature), 1958.
2. ‘Sindhi Adab ji Roop Rekha’(History of Sindhi literature), 1966.
3. ‘Sindhi Lok Kahaniyoon’ (Sindhi folk tales),1986.
4. ‘Sahitya Jee Prakha’(Assessment of literature), 1998.
5. ‘Adbi Tasveerun’, (Literary portraits), 1999.
6. ‘Jogi Jadoo Laye Viya’, Tele script, 1988.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award for Tele Script ‘Jogi Jadoo Laye Viya’, 1989 (At New Delhi by Central Hindi Directorate, Govt. of India).
• Award for the book ‘Sahitya Jee Parakh’, 1988 (At Nagpur by Maharashtra State Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
• Award for book ‘Sahitya Jee Prakha’, 2002 (At Mumbai, by National Council for promotion of Sindhi language).
Additional Information :
i) Jagdish has written and directed many dramas during his college career.
ii) In 2001, he has been awarded Ph.D.
Dr. Jagdish Lachhani is a writer of considerable eminence having written over a dozen and half books. His subjects of special interest are literary criticism and children’s literature. In the latter, ten titles are to his credit and a couple of awards in his pocket. ‘Sahitya Jee Parakh’ is his outstanding contribution in critical field for which he has fetched 2 Awards, one from the Maharashtra State Sindhi Sahitya Academy and the other from the National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language.
There is a yet anther field of special interest to Jagdish, i.e. writing Video Scripts, in which he has made special contribution of having seven of them.
Apart from Sindhi, he has been writing in Hindi language and contributing his articles to well known magazines, such as ‘Dharmayug’, ‘Nav Bharat Times’, ‘Rashtra Bhasha’,‘Jannasatta & one or two more. He is a dedicated educationist having spent 39 long years in teaching profession without a break.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.