As Writer :
Jayant has written number of books in Sindhi. Most significant few are:
1. Aliyoon Palkoon Udas Nena (Mistful eyelids gloomy eyes), Short Stories, 1967.
2. Safed Safed Undahi(Whitish Darkness), Novel, 1970.
3. Igdee (Soiled piece of cloth), Short Stories, 1992.
4. Gul Girnar Ja(Flowers of Girnar), Essays, 1995.
Note: Reference is to king Rai Diach of Girnar Kingdom, who chopped off his head and gave it to mendicant in to honour his commitment.
5. Koda Poyal Malha (Garland of seashells), Essays, 1996.
As Journalist :
Jayant is Editor of :
1. Sindhi Sahitya, Monthly Literary Magazine
2. Gurjar Sindhu Sindhi Fortnightly newspaper since 1997.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Two Awards for contributions to Sindhi Neo Literature, 1974 & 1996 (At New Delhi by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India).
• Two Awards for Outstanding Contributions to Sindhi Literature, 1992 & 1996 (At Ahmedabad by Gujarat Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
• Award for total contributions to Sindhi language, 2000 (At New Delhi by National Council for promotion of Sindhi language).
Additional Information :
i) Jayant is a columnist for number of Gujrati Daily/ Weekly News paper, particularly he writes on Sindhyat subjects in these papers.
ii) He translates selected Sindhi literatue in Gujarati, which is well received by Gujarati readers and vice versa.
There are a few bio-lingual writers in Sindhi. Jayant is one of them. He writes in Sindhi and Gujarati, both languages. In this respect his contribution to Sindhi language unique. He has rendered many important Gujarati writings in Sindhi and vice-versa.
He is a short story writer and an essayist of considerable eminence. He has also penned a novel. He is a journalist of some repute. He has been editing two journals : monthly, Sindhi Sahitya, and a fortnightly Gurjar Sindhu, which encourages writing from both languages.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.