1. ‘Mahamati Prannath ji Sindhi Vaani, Vol I’. (Words of Wisdom in Sindhi of Mahamati Prannathji), Poetry, 1991.
2. ‘Mahamati Prannathji Sindhi Vanni, Vol.II’, (Words of Wisdom in Sindhi of Mahamati Prannathji , Vol. II), Poetry, 1996.
3. ‘Hik Byo Virhango’, (Another Partition), Short stories, 1997.
Note: His articles are published in all leading Sindh Newspapers, Weeklies/Monthlies, and Annual issues of literary magazines.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award for his book ‘Mahamati Prannath ji Sindhi Vaani’, 1993 (At New Delhi by Central Hindi Directorate, Govt. of India).
• ‘Literary Award’, 1998 (At New Delhi by Delhi Sindhi Academy).
• Award for Outstanding Contributions to Sindhi Literature, 2001 (At Bhopal by M.P. Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
Additional Information :
i) Jhamu is actively associated with Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli & Sahit Sabha. He remained as Gen. Secretary of Sabha at Madhya Pradesh for a long period. Currently he is its Executive Member.
ii) He is a renowned, Sindhi Short story writer, Critic and Researcher. His work on ‘Mahamati Prannath ji Sindhi Vaani’ (consisting of 524 Chaupies on peace and harmony) has been presented for the first time in Sindhi. It has received great appreciation all over. Jhamu also gives talks on AIR and Doordarshan regularly.
iii) At present he is a member of Sindhi Advisory Committee of Central Sahitaya Akademi, New Delhi.
Jhamu Chhugani is product of post-partition period and can be included in the 3rd generation of Sindhi writers. He is a short story writer and an essayist of a considerable calibre. He has contributed to many Sindhi magazines, journals and newspapers very regularly.
His outstanding work is compilation of ancient poetry of 18th century, poet Prannathji in two bulki volumes with elaborate comments, rendering meanings – a very great service to the Sindhi literature. He has a collection of short stories – ‘Hik Byo Virhango’ to his credit. He is a good storyteller.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.