Kala has written 12 books in Sindhi. A few most significant are given below:
1. Mamta joon Laharoon, (Waves of Affection), Collection of Poetic Prose Pieces, 1959.
2. Murk Ain Mamta, (Smile & Affection), Short Stories, 1972.
3. Hik Sapno Sukhan jo(A Dream of Pleasures), Novel, 1973.
4. Arsi-a-Ado (Facing the Mirror), Novel, 1992.
5. Vaqt Vithyoon Vichottyoon(Time, Gaps & Crevices), Novel, 1988.
6. Pakhan Ji Preet(Love for Kith & Kin), Novel, 1988.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award for the book Mamta Joon Lahroon, 1960 (By Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahit Sabha).
• Award for the book Arsi-a-Ado 1994. (At New Delhi, by Sahitya Akademi, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
• Award for Outstanding contribution in literature, 1994. (At Mumbai, by Maharasthra State Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
• Award for her significant literary contribution, 1995 (At Mumbai, By Ram Panjwani Literary & Cultural Centre.)
Additional Information :
She is one of the outstanding and popular novelist and short story writer. Her special field of interest has been the portrayal of woman.
Her forte is Sindhi fiction (short story and novel) but at times she pens pieces of poetic prose, charged with motherly passion.
Kala has made quite substantial contribution to the Sindhi literature. She has received many prizes and the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award for her novel Arsi-a-Ado in 1994.
She is dedicated to Sindhi language. This love prompted her to do M.A. in Sindhi. For some time she took up a job of teaching Sindhi in a college at Ulhasnagar, the biggest settlement of Sindhis in India.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.