As Writer :
1. ‘Tre Nandha Novel’ (Three small novels), Novels, 1992
2. ‘Sunjanap Jo Sankat’(Crisis of identity), Short Stories, 1992.
3. ‘Aatam Katha Je Naale Mein’ (In the name of Autobiography) , Bigraphical narration, 1994.
4. ‘Sahitya Sansaar’ (Vols I &II), (Literary World), Literary Criticism, 1994.
5. ‘Purrush Ain Prakriti’(Man & Nature), Poetry, 1997.
6. ‘Naen Sire Khan’(From very beginning ),Essays, 1998.
As Educationist :
Dr.Jotwani actively helped in establishing ‘Sindhi Education Society’, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi in 1953, which runs the following two schools :
1. Baba Nebhraj Senior Secondary School
2. Hemnani Secondary School.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
Dr.Jotwani has received six awards from Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, for Outstanding Literary Contributions in the years:
1973 (Two Awards),1974, 1983, 1985, 1999.
In addition, he has also received Awards for his contribution to Hindi literature from Govt. of Delhi in 1988 & Govt. of Uttar Pradesh in 1990.
Additional Information :
i) Dr. Jotwani was Post - Doctoral Visiting Scholar, Harvard University, USA during 1979-80.
ii) Edited ‘Indian Author’, a quarterly journal of the Authors Guild of India, New Delhi during 1985-90.
Dr.Motilal is one of the voluminous writers in Sindhi, Hindi and English. In all the three languages, there are many titles to his credit. He has also translated many short stories from Sindhi language to the other two languages, Hindi & English. He has served a great cause of introducing the Sindhi writings to the non-Sindhi readers.
He is a widely read and extensively traveled writer in Sindhi language. He has taught in foreign Universities as visiting Professor/ Scholar, more particularly in U.S.A.
He was a strong pillar in the early years of partition of the movement of ‘Sindhiyat’ for the promotion and preservation of Sindhi language and literature. Being keenly interested in the promotion of Sindhi education in the capital (New Delhi), he helped promote Sindhi Education Society, which is running two secondary schools in Lajpat Nagar (New Delhi). Dr. Motilal served on its Governing body for many years to guide its activities.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.