As Poet :
1. ‘Baug Bahar’(Be Evergreen), Poems for Children, 1954.
2. ‘Alap Zia’(Verses of Zia), Selected Geet, Ghazals etc., 1959.
3. ‘Paigham-e-Zia’(Message of Zia), Selected Geet, Ghazals etc., 2000.
4. ‘Geet Briha Ja’(Songs of Separation).
Note: Books at Sr. Nos. 2 to 4 were published after his death.
In addition to the above, Zia translated several religious books in Sindhi, like ‘Bhagvat Geeta’, ‘Jap Saheb’,‘Sukhmani Saheb’ etc., which are possessed by most Sindhi families and read as sacred books.
As Lyricist :
1. He has given lyrics for number of Sindhi films, such as Abanna (Parents), Laadli(Beloved), ‘Jhulelal’(Patron God of Sindhis), ‘Insaaf Kithe Aha’ (Where is Justice).
2. Zia has also written number of poetic geets, which were sung by famous Sindhi Singers, like Master Chander, Bulo C.Rani, Prof. Ram Panjwani etc. Those songs were became very popular with Sindhi community and ‘Zia’ became a household name.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Zia was honoured by several Sindhi Panchayats/ Associations at various Sindhi programmes and also received trophies and other gifts of enduring nature. However, the most prestigious Award was from Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 1958 for his outstanding literary contributions.
Additional Information :
i) By profession Zia was a teacher of Sindhi language.
ii) Very simple & God fearing man. One of his outstanding qualities was that he was always optimistic.
He was basically a traditional poet. He came into prominence in Sind before partition, when he used to write Sindhi ghazals for Late Master Chander for ‘His Master’s Voice’ gramophone records.
As a poet, his significant contribution to Sindhi literature is ‘Alaap Zia’, containing Geet and Gazals."
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.