As Writer :
Uttam has written several books in Sindhi. A few most significant are given below:
1. ‘Tagore Hik Jhalak’ Gurudev Tagore’s views on Sindhi literature, 1961.
2. ‘Kashmkash’(Struggle), stories 1971.
3. ‘Sahitya Ain Sahityakar’(literature and litterateur), essays, 1974.
4. ‘Sindhi Kahani, Natak Ain Tanqueed’(Sindhi Story, Drama & Criticism), 1981.
5. ‘Hoo jjahan Hee Mann’(That World & This Mind), stories, 1991.
6. ‘Sahitik Parkh’ (Literary Assessment), criticism, 1997.
As Journalist :
Uttam edited ‘Sindhi Sansar’, ‘Sindhi Samachar’, Daily newspapers, and was Co-Editor of ‘Sindhu Dhara’ weekly newspaper, and ‘Naeen Duniya’ literary monthly magazine.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
Uttam received the following Awards:
• Soviet Land Nehru Peace Award, 1965 & 1972 (At New Delhi & U.S.S.R)
• Literary Award, 1991 (At Mumbai by Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahitya Sabha).
• Literary Award, 1991 (At Mumbai by Priyadarshni Academy).
• Dr. Sadarangani Gold Medal for literary contributions, 1994.
Additional Information :
He had the honour of attending ‘World Writers’ Conference at Russia in 1973.
Uttam is one of the top most crusaders for the preservation & promotion of Sindhi language and culture, after the tragedy of partition. The other two of the trio, are Gobind Malhi and Kirat Babani.
Uttam is a writer, a critic and a journalist of repute. Several books of short stories and critical writings are to his credit.
Uttam has shown very good organisation qualities by working in the Sindhi Sahit Mandal (Mumbai) and Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahit Sabha as the Secretary/ General Secretary respectively for many years.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.