1. ‘Pankha Vajaeen Shankha’(Wings Play
Music), Poetry, 1983.
2. ‘Piraha Ja Piyaka’(Early Birds of Dawn)
, Novel, 1991.
3. ‘Sujjan Joon Smrityun’(Memories of
stalwarts), Biography, 1990.
4. ‘Bipahri-a-Ja Pal’(Few Moments of noon)
, Autobio-graphical Essays, 1995.
5. ‘Sawal Ee Sawal’(Too Many Questions),
Short Stories, 1998.
6. ‘Bhambhirke Jee Bhun Bhun’ (Whispers
of twilight), Poetry, 1985.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
She has received several awards/ honours. A few most significant are given bellow:
• Awards for Novel ‘Bhambhirke Jee Bhun Bhun’
1987 (At New Delhi by Central Hindi Directorate), Govt. of India.
• Award as ‘Most Prolific Lady Writer’ 1997
(At Mumbai by Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahit Sabha).
• Award for outstanding contributions to literature’ 1998 (At Mumbai
by R.J. Trust).
• Life Time Achievement Literature Award, 1998 (At Nagpur
by Maharashtra State Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
• Award for Short Storie’s Book ‘Sawal-ee-
Sawal’ 2000 (At Mumbai by National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language).
Additional Information :
i) Rita is a Member of National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language, Govt.
ii) Very recently, she visited Sind (Pakistan), and had several encounters with
prolific writers & poets there and has carried with her happy memories.
Rita Shahani is one of the most prominent Sindhi lady writers, having written many books, almost
on every genre of literature. Many of her books have secured prizes from the government
bodies and private institutions. Many of her writings have found a place in other modern
Indian languages too.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.