Shyam Jai Singhani has received among others, the following Awards:
• Award for his book ‘Vichhottyoon’, 1981 (At New Delhi by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India).
• Award for his book ‘Melan jo Safar’, 1986 (At New Delhi by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
• Award for his book ‘Hik Biyo Deenhun’), 1990 (At Mumbai by Maharashtra State Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
• Prize for translating C.T. Khanlokar’s book ‘Chani’, 1995 (At New Delhi by Sahitya Akademi, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
• Award For his Play ‘Zilzilo’, 1998 (At New Delhi by Sahitya Akademi, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
Additional Information :
i) Shyam has widely travelled both in India and abroad.
ii) Apart from writing, his other interests are travel, trekking, and photography.
iii) He has designed cover jacket of about 50 Sindhi publications.
Shyam is one of the outstanding fiction writers of the 3rd generation of post-partition writers. There are many titles to his credit. He has covered almost all branches of literature : novel, short story, drama, poetry, criticism, essay etc.
He is a proclaimed modernist. His writings have broken traditional barriers, both in style and content. He does not suffer from any inhibitions in social relations, sex & morality. But he does not land himself, in sensuality or vulgarity. He has aesthetical sense to prescribe for himself what is art and what is licentiousness. He could make distinction between subtlety and crudity.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.