Tahalram Azad received among others, the following Awards:
• President’s Award for his book Bapua-Je-Sapnan-Jo-Swaraj, 1971 (At New Delhi).
• Bunyadi Sahitya Award,(Panchayati Raj), 1972 (At New Delhi by Govt. of India).
• Soviet Land Nehru Award 1979 (At New Delhi by U.S.S.R.).
• Award for Literary Achievements, 1986 (At New Delhi, Central Hindi Directorate, and Govt. of India).
• Award for outstanding literary contributions, 1990 (At Mumbai by Ishwaribai Buxani Foundation).
Additional Information :
i) Azad was also columnist and contributed articles to certain newspapers/ magazines such as Hindustan (Daily), Hindvasi (Weekly), Sindhu Dhara etc.
ii) He had the privilege of working with great Sindhi leaders like Dr. Choithram Gidwani, and Smt. Sucheta Kriplani etc.
He expired on 26th September 1990.
(Late) Tahalram Azad, a social worker cum writer had a place in the annals of Sindhi literature, though he wrote a few short stories, but he was more of a journalist of considerable repute. He wrote both for Sindhi and the Hindi papers/ magazines. He was proficient in both the languages.
He was interested in children’s literature & produced a few books to cater to the young generation.
Azad was very active during the freedom struggle and was imprisoned on a couple of occasions. He was an excellent orator and had won peoples adoration and a few prizes. He had received a few awards for his literary works, President’s Award for his book Bapu-a-Je Sapnan Jo Swaraj, Soviet land Nehru Award and Award from the Ishwaribai Foundation. He was a regular communicator on AIR & Doordarshan.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.