1. Sachal Joon Vadyun (Dimensions of poet Sachal), Philosophy of Poet Sachal, 1991. The book was republished in Sindh in 1994
2. Fun-e-Tahqiq Ain Unja Usool(Art of research & its principles), translated from Urdu book ‘Adabi Aur Lisani Tahqeer’, 1997, Mumbai University’s first Sindhi publication.
3. Sindhi Lok Adab (Sindhi folk literature), Compilation of Research papers presented at a seminar hosted by University of Mumbai, 1998, Mumbai University publication , 1998.
4. Sindhi Medieval literature History of Sindhi Medieval Literature, (In English) Mumbai University publication, 1998.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Baldev has been conferred Vocational Excellence, Award (At Ulhasnagar by Rotary Club RI Dist: 3140).
• Awarded Silver Medals and Appreciation Certificates, in 1997 and 2001 for outstanding performance (At Mumbai by Vice Chancellor of University of Mumbai).
• Awarded Sahitya Akademi Prize for translating book Fun-e-Tahqiq Ain Un-ja Usool, 2000 (At New Delhi by , Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India).
Additional Information :
i) One of his most significant contributions was the launch of Inter Collegiate Sindhi Drama Competition and Sindhi Variety Entertainment Programmes at jai Hind college, Mumbai from 1981 to 1994. The object being to preserve and promote Sindhayat.
ii) He has very successfully organised 3 International Sindhi Seminars from 1997 to 2000 at which the eminent Sindhi literary luminaries from sindh, Pakistan also participated.
iii) He has had excellent track record of teaching at various prestigious colleges both in Sind (Pakistan) and in India including Jai Hind College, Mumbai.
iv) With a view to encourage members of Sindhi community to acquire the basics of Sindhi language and literature, Baldev has launched (a) Certificate Course in Sindhi and (b) Diploma in Sindhi at the University of Mumbai.
v) He is the Executive Chairman, Maharashtra State Sindhi Sahitya Academy.
Dr.Baldev Matlani is a highly qualified academician with M.Phil and Ph.D. in his crown.
In the filed of education, he has made a significant contribution by reaching highest post as the Reader of Sindhi Department in the University of Mumbai.
Baldev’s contribution to the Sindhi literature may not be big quantitatively speaking but is very significant qualitatively speaking. His treatise on the philosophy of the great classic poet of Sindhi, Sachal is worthy of praise.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.