As Writer :
He has written several books and plays. Most significant are given below:
1. Palto(Turning the tables), full length play, 1983.
2. Bhandaro(Community Feeding), collection of One Act Plays, 1986.
3. Kandan Ja Bij, (Seeds of Thorns), collection of short stories, 1985.
4. Alvida (Adieu), collection of Radio Plays, 1989.
5. Pahinji Pahinji Runjh (Every one has his own desert), novel, 1991.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
Bhagwan has received 22 awards in all including from the following institutions :
• All India Sindhu Cultural Society (International Seminar).
• Rajashthan Sindhi Academy.
• Rajashthan Sahitya Academy.
• Dept. of Languages, Govt. of Haryana.
• Monthly Magazine ‘Mukta’, Delhi.
• Central Hindi Directorate, Govt. of India.
Additional Information :
i) Former Member, NCPSL
ii) Former Chairman, Rajasthan Sindhi Academy, (1997-2000).
iii) Bhagwan is also a free lance journalist, writing articles for various newspapers/ magazines.
Shri Bhagwan Atlani is a Sindhi writer, whose main thrust is in Hindi literature. Generally he writes in Hindi and then gets them translated in Sindhi. His field of interest is short stories, plays and radio plays. His prize winning novel, Pahinji Pahinji Runj was first written in Hindi language and then brought in Sindhi version by someone else.
Bhagwan claims to have received 22 awards on his creative literary works from various organisations, mainly from the Rajasthan Sindhi Academy, Govt. of Haryana & Sindhu Samaj.
He has occupied high position of Chairman, Rajasthan Sindhi Academy.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.