56, III floor Hira Co-op.
Hsg. Society Ltd.
Ulhasnagar 421 003
(R) 911-251-2550575/2551699, (O) 2564000
Chief editor, Sindhi Times, weekly newspaper
As Journalist :
He is Chief Editor of Sindhi Times Weekly newspaper, which has wide circulation and is quite popular.
Recognition By Way Of Award/ Honours :
• Award for significant Literary Contributions, 1996 (At New Delhi by Sindhi Sahitya Academy).
• Award for significant Literary Contributions, 1997(At Mumbai by Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli Ain Sahit Sabha).
• Award for his book Sarav Ja Paan, 1998 (At New Delhi by Sindhi Vikash Parishad).
• Gold Medal for total Literary Achievements, 2001(At Mumbai by Sahyog Foundation).
As writer :
Basically he is a journalist. However, he has also made a name as a writer. His few significant literary works are:
1. Hojmalo (Cry for victory), Sindhi folksongs, 1960.
2. Sindhi Lok Kala(Sindhi folk art).
3. Sindhi Lok Sahit(Sindhi folk literature), 1991.
4. Dastavez(Document), Short stories, 1991.
5. Seminar Literary articles, 2001.
6. Sarau Ja Pann(Leaves of autumn), 1996.
Narayan Bharati has proved that even a small town paper, if managed ably, can shine on the national horizons. A noteworthy name in the filed of folk literature and a story writer and academician in his own right, Bharati has built Sindhi Times, a weekly paper brick by brick and has been running it successfully through all thicks and thins for the last 40 years. His paper is a fine blend of news and literature. Bharati has an aptitude for investigational reporting. In Sindhi Times and under the pen name of Gashti Khatu in Hindustan, he has published many a revealing stories.
Disclaimer: Please note Sindhisangat has uploaded the entire book on the website as per discussion with the Mr Bhagwan Bhagchandani.